We live where you vacation… oh yes we do! We’ve come up with our special Miami Guide just for you! We want to share with you our favorite restaurants, beaches, museums, shops (yes, aside from us obviously), and much more!
In Miami you eat well… REALLY well!
– For Italian we love: Il Gabiano, Carpaccio and our most recent discovery (and favorite): Upland, everything is delicious we specially recommend the pistachio pizza and the cacio e pepe pasta.
– For Asian and Chinese some of or favorites are: Mr Chow, Makoto, Pubbelly Sushi (you NEED to order the big tuna roll and the crab roll), The Drunken Dragon and KYU, probably the best restaurant in Miami right now, make sure to try the cauliflower and the coconut cake!
– American, if you are not from the States like us… you probably come wanting to try different burgers and American restaurants! Some of the best are: Shake shack, Hillstone or Houston’s, Kush and the Soho Beach House’s Dirty burger!
Other great restaurants include: Mandolin (greek), Visa O1 (pizzas), Pao (fusion), Tatel (Spanish), Milos (greek) among others.
Clear blue skies, and crystal clear waters! Some of our favorites beaches are: Key Biscayne Beach, for dog lovers Haulover Beach (you can take your pooch), and the Soho Beach House beach, where you can relax have some drinks, a dirty burger and even enjoy some greek cuisine from Mandolin!
MUSEUMS & MUST SEES
– The Perez Art Museum just opened in 2013 and has been collecting art since 1996, the focus of the museum is contemporary art showcasing pieces from the Americas, Western Europe and Africa. The museum is well known for its breathtaking vertical gardens.
– Vizcaya gardens and museum is a must see for everyone, this villa influenced by the Tuscan Italian Renaissance is located in Coconut Grove and constructed between 1914-1922, the gardens and the construction will transport you to Italy in a glimpse.
– Wynwood, strolling around wynwood is one of our favorite things to do in Miami, enjoy an ice cold ice cream or beer while you walk around the art walls and discover new artists and installations, their are over 70 art galleries in the area.
Here is where the good part comes!
– If you are looking for some high end shopping make sure to check out Miami Design District, where you will find all top labels from Tom Ford to Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Celine and more.
– In northern Miami you will find the all time classic: Bal Harbour Shops, this open mall offers great food and shops, like Saks 5th Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Intermix, Chanel, Goyard, our fellow Colombian designer Aquazzura, among other great discoveries.
Other malls we enjoy shopping at are: Merrick Park Village, Aventura Mall and Brickell City Center.