Earlier this year we learned what the big trends for Spring 2018 were, here’s a short recap:
– Goddess silhouettes: draped gowns, golden prints and gladiator sandals were seen all over the runways giving an elegant and sophisticated look to designs from Chanel to Fausto Puglisi, Gucci, Prada and among many others.
– Trenchmania: Trench coats are EVERYWHERE! Classic trench coats, embellished ones, PVC and leather ones… You name it, this will be next season’s must have.
– All about white… one of the colors of the season is crisp, clean white! From day to night, white was seen in coats, dresses, pants and even boots.
– Stripes: yes… we’ve all seen it before, but no! Designers have decided to give the classic pattern a twist with new placements, colors and directions.
– Flower power: the flower print is not going anywhere anytime soon, so embrace it and find blooming garments.
– Southwestern vibes… flare cuts, boho-chic patterns, flowy dresses and artisanal prints.
– Glamorous leisure: remember athleisure? It’s now in the past…. Designers have decided to upscale athletic wear to a whole new level, combining athletic prints and cuts with an elegant and stylish aesthetic.
– And probably the strongest trend of them all for the season: PLAID. Designers like Philip Lim, Alberta Ferreti, Fendi among others have all inspired their collection in the classic pattern. Plaid was very popular throughout all runways, seen in suits, dresses and even accessories.
SS 18 Fashion month is over now and we’ve got you covered on Spring Summer 2018 latest trends!
– Pastels, as vogue called them “gelato hues”, soft, delicate pastel tones were seen among all runways, lemon sorbet, parma violet, pistachio and other delicious ice cream tones.
– Once again: Trenchmania! As already predicted earlier this year, trench coats will be a must have in 2018.
– Denim! Not only in jeans, but blazers, shirts, dresses, you name it! Specially structured denim will be a big trend.
– Bright COLORS, vivid, neon and bright colors are still making a statement, from Marni to Aalto, Versace, Calvin Klein among others have used a wide colored palette in their designs.
– Pencil skirts: a classic, elegant, sophisticated and most times flattering.
– Plastic: showcasing a futuristic look, plastic garments and shoes were seen everywhere, specially in Chanel’s runway where Kaia Gerber made a statement in a tweed crop top and PVC clear boots.